Located in Houston’s vibrant North Montrose District, The Printing Museum is comprised of multiple galleries featuring permanent and temporary exhibitions, a theater, gift shop, and letterpress, book binding, lithography and papermaking studios. Learn more about the Museum Collections and Upcoming Exhibitions.
The Printing Museum is currently offering tours by appointment only. To check availability and book a time, please call 713-522-4652 or email email@example.com.
2017/2018 outreach opportunities and workshops with partnering institutions are happening now and in the works. These events are/will be shared on our website, Facebook page, and e-newsletter.
- Museum Members: $5
- Visitors (Ages 6 or younger) – Free
Visitors (Ages 7-12) – $8
Visitors (Ages 13+) – $10
Visitors (Ages 55+) – $8
- College Students with ID – $8
- Active Military and Veterans – $8
For more information about tours, please click here.
Our Administrative offices and gift shop remain open 10am – 5pm, Mon -Fri.
Our Address:1324 W. Clay Street
Houston, Texas 77019
(Just south of Allen Parkway between Waugh Drive and Montrose Boulevard.
The Museum parking lot holds a capacity of approximately 15 cars. Additional free street parking is also available.
The Printing Museum is accessible by several METRO Bus Lines:
- 032 Renwick/San Felipe – Stop at West Gray St. & Waugh Dr., walk three blocks north to West Clay St.
- 040 Telephone/Heights – Stop at West Dallas St. & Joe Annie St., walk one block south to West Clay St.
- 041 Kirby/Polk – Stop at West Dallas St. & Joe Annie St., walk one block south to West Clay St.
- 056 Airline/Montrose – Stop at Montrose Blvd. & West Dallas St., walk six blocks east to West Clay St.
Check the METRO web site for more information and any changes to these routes. This information is for general use only. The Printing Museum endeavors to keep the information as up-to-date and correct as possible. The Museum cannot accept any liability for errors or omissions or for loss or damage arising from accessing or using the content/information provided.
The building and facilities are wheelchair accessible.
The use of non-flash photography by the general public is permitted in all galleries, unless otherwise indicated. Photographs taken at the The Printing Museum are for personal use only, and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Visitors must receive permission by Museum staff to use tri-pods. Video is not allowed without prior permission.
Several dining options, some within a comfortable walk from the Museum, are available along Waugh Drive, including Whole Foods Market, Pei Wei, Luby’s and Café Express.
The Museum is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving: Thursday & Friday
- Christmas Day